QUOTATION: “A free society is a place where it’s safe to be unpopular.” Adlai Stevenson
MESSAGE: During the month of July, we in the United States, celebrate Independence Day. It is a day to honor our freedom, our liberty, our independence. I invite you now to take a moment to reflect upon what it means to you to be free. Mentally, it may mean the ability to speak your own mind and express your ideas. Emotionally, it may be the ability to feel safe and free to honor and express your feelings without judgment. Physically, it may be the ‘right’ to have the freedom to go wherever you wish (many people in this world do not have this most basic freedom). And spiritually, it may be the ability and choice to be free from anger, resentment, worry, and fear. Would you like to be free to ‘joyfully’ forgive? We invite you to remind yourself that you are free to choose Divine Love in each and every moment. Are you remembering to do so? Are you doing your healing work on a regular basis so that you are able to ‘lighten’ your emotional load and be free from fear? We invite you to either contemplate the following questions or to journal about them in order to uncover what you are allowing to imprison you.
1) Do I choose fear because I am chained to the past?
2) What is my greatest fear about my future?
3) What triggers my anger more than anything else? Do I know why?
4) Am I able to choose a positive & loving attitude more often than not?
5) Do I recognize my own Divinity or do I judge myself and feel less than?
6) Am I able to approach the day with openness and trust…knowing that all is in Divine Order?
7) What is my attitude in general?
8) Against whom am I holding resentment?
9) How do I feel physically when I carry the burden of fear, anger, and resentment?
10) What else do I need/want to acknowledge that I am carrying and must be free from?
God-Creator invites you to open your heart to Divine guidance and listen for the answers that are ‘right’ for you. We invite you to do the same!
In love, joy, and freedom; Marian & Garrett